Saturday, August 1, 2015

Christmas is coming!

I am not a procrastinator so I am already working on a project for the holidays this year.  That project inspired this card at least in part.  The other part of the inspiration came from last week's Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Blog Challenge found here.  The theme was Sparkle and Shine (Shiny & Sparkly are my 2 favorite colors!!!).  I did not get a chance to enter last week's contest, but I did want to make the card.  This is one of my favorite dies and I don't get the chance to use it very often.  I love the big script-y font and it comes in a set with that says "Sparkle & Shine" from Paper Trey Ink.   I LOVE dies and one of my favorite things to do is to cut a few of the same sentiment and glue them on top of each other for dimension as I did in this case.  The gold foil patterned paper came from the Simon Says Stamp May Card Kit and is one of the papers from My Minds Eye Fancy That Collection.


This card is on an ivory base scored at 5 1/2 with a top fold.  I love the way a top fold or tent card stands up so well for display by the person who receives it. Who doesn't like a beautiful, handmade card?  I really love the soft coral, nude and gold metallicand shimmer color tones in this card.  A few Chocolate Brown Sequins from this collection added just the right touch of whimsy.

I'll be opening an Etsy Store soon which will also be called Twinkling Paper Studio.  For now, I'm off to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge to enter this card.  This week's theme is "Anything Goes" so I can still get in my entry! Have a lovely Sunday everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty card! Thanks so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for making my day by leaving an encouraging comment! It means the world to me when you do. Hugs!