Wednesday, August 26, 2015

I Hope You Smile

Today's card begins with one of my favorite summer colors, Sea Glass.  The paper that I have came from Creative Memories several years ago.  Simon Says Stamp carries a paper this color now, but I don't have any of their new color to compare with my old color just yet.

I used a teal card base cut 4.25 x 11 inches, then scored and top folded at 5.5 inches. Next, I cut a Bazzill Card Shoppe in Marshmallow panel using the scalloped & stitched rectangle from the Sunshine Layers Die by WPLUS9.  This panel is 4 x 5.25 inches.  The Bazzill Card Shoppe Papers are 110# papers and hold up very well if you are using any kind of mist or spray, Copic Markers or Distress Inks.

Next I cut a panel from the Sea Glass card stock then cut a heart shaped window into it using a heart die from Memory Box Cherub Hearts.  I used a T-Ruler to line up the die since I am bad about not getting it centered.  I didn't make a mark on my card stock, I just placed it using the ruler as my guide.  I use micro pore tape, washi tape or masking tape to gently hold the die in place while cutting. Once I did that, I turned the panel over and put adhesive all around the heart shaped opening.  I use a variety of different adhesives but the one that I use most often is the Tombow Mono Adhesive Permanent Runner.


Next I did a few cuts of my Simon Says Stamp Caliope Die in white shimmer paper.  I then placed the cuts randomly across and into the heart shaped opening to give a "lacy" look.  For the size heart I used, three cuts was more than enough to fill the opening.  Once I had those placed and secured along the edge of the heart opening, I cut a slightly smaller piece of  semi-transparent soft blue vellum behind that panel for the color instead of the Marshmallow background.  After that, I die-cut that panel with a Stitched Rectangle in a size that coordinated with the Scalloped & Stitched panel.


Once that was complete, I adhered the Sea Glass and vellum panel to the Marshmallow Panel, and attached that to my card base.


The "smile" die cut was part of a set from Little Yellow Bicycle.  I have several one word greetings that would be equally suitable.  You could also use other shapes to achieve this look.  

I'm planning to try out a few others today and will post pictures for you to see. This card will be entered into the Simon Says Stamp Work It Wednesday Challenge.

For the inside I put a strip of Teal Glittered Washi Tape down the left hand side of a piece of Bazzill Marshmallow and cut it with the Stitched & Scalloped Rectangle Panel so it would be easy to see when you write on it.  *Ü*

1 comment:

  1. Such very pretty cards

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for making my day by leaving an encouraging comment! It means the world to me when you do. Hugs!