Tuesday, August 18, 2015

A couple of simple cards

It used to be that there was pretty much 3 die cut companies out there so the process for using a die cut machine was one way or the other.  Nowadays, I have to figure out the "sandwich" recipe for each type of die.  I have a Cricut machine, but I love the absolute crispness of dies on card stock and how clean the edges are.  That is something that you cannot get with a paper trimmer or the Cricut.  

Mostly my style is pretty clean design.  I love clean lines versus a "Shabby Chic" type of card.  I have seen many of that style that are absolutely gorgeous, but that just isn't my particular style.    

I have a few projects going this week, but the style of the designs is again very clean.  However, clean doesn't necessarily mean straight as you will soon see.  I have this plaid paper that I absolutely love.  It has been a favorite for many years--at least 10 years.  Of course, this means you can't buy it anymore.  With the exception of card stock, paper changes all the time.  I only have a couple of sheets and some scraps left so I'm trying to make it stretch as far as I can! 



I follow Jennifer McGuire Ink and I love her clean style as well.  One of the things I have picked up from her is the use of just a touch of Glitter Paper on cards. The cards I've worked on this week are super simple but that touch of glitter has really added a super nice touch to these.  You can see that narrow strip of my favorite paper added to this one as well.  


You can see the gold decorative element is also embossed and the greeting has been added with dimensional adhesive.  I will be so sad when the plaid paper with the gold foil design is all gone. I think I need to make something for myself with it!   



The next card uses another favorite color combination that I can no longer get either-- Eggplant and Thistle, both from Creative Memories.  This card is for my Aunt and you know she must be pretty special to me if I'm using my stash of irreplaceable paper for her.  *Ü*


Both of these dies are from the Anna Griffin Cuttlebug Collection.  I love them, but they do take up the entire front of an A2 sized card so I don't use them too often.   The small sentiments is a set of 3 dies from with one outline that are interchangeable from Momenta Craft Dies.  I've never seen another set and you can't find them online either.  But again, they cut and emboss.  

This blog is new to me and I'm still working out a few kinks with the photography and setting the scene for a good clear image.   I hope you're having a great week!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for making my day by leaving an encouraging comment! It means the world to me when you do. Hugs!