Friday, October 30, 2015

Sometimes Less Really is More

The Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog theme this week is "Anything Goes".  Today's card is very quick!  Last night I set out to create another Christmas Card using some stamps and dies from Altenew along with another of my sentiments that came from the Papertrey Ink set that I used a few days ago.

I stamped several images on a larger piece of Canson XL 140# Watercolor Card Stock and heat set them using Simon Says Stamp Ultra Fine Clear Embossing Powder.  I opened my set of Gansai Tambi Watercolors because I knew I would want varying shades of red, green and even some brown.  After I had watercolored all of the images, I started trying to pull my card together.  I had Poinsettias, Pine Branches, Pine Cones, and some Mistletoe.

In the end, I saved all of the pieces, but I only used one lone little sprig of Mistletoe.  The greeting is simple and elegant in Gold Foil Card Stock.  I used a Glimmer Mist from Tattered Angels Kiwi to color the front panel.  I don't have any card stock that is that light and I wanted a soft green this time.  It somehow feels very gentle with the soft color, the clean and simple design and the sheer white bow.  You can make your own shimmer spray with Perfect Pearls Pigment Powder, a few drops of reinker and some water in a little spray or spritzer bottle or you can mix a little of the Tsukineko Sparkle Sheer Shimmer Spritz with a few drops of color as well.  It's all personal preference.


I used my Versamark Pen to make the three little white berries with some Pearl Embossing Powder from WOW!.  I did that twice for the added dimension but if I could have found my little white pearl embellishments, I would have used those.  Of course, I found them afterward-- LOL!

I used a Micro Glue Dot to attach the bow to the mistletoe sprig and then again to attach that to my card front.  The pale green panel was cut with the Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangles Die in the largest size.

Lately I've been liking only a very narrow frame around my front panels so that means I have to cut my card base down a little bit.  No big deal, I just use a T-Ruler to mark one end with a pencil and then I cut just inside the pencil line to remove it.

Have a great weekend everyone.  I always enjoy reading them if you would like to leave a comment.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, less really is more in this case!! What beautiful cards! Love the greens, and whisper of white ribbon!!
    Really do like those simple greetings as well! Simply enchanting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous CAS card. Less is more and your card proves it. Love your card. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Challenge :)
    Gayatri xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for making my day by leaving an encouraging comment! It means the world to me when you do. Hugs!