Sunday, December 13, 2015

Wish Big

So I'm still on a card project for someone and I'm having a super creative kick with this gorgeous paper that I picked up at Hobby Lobby yesterday.  Maybe I should preface this by saying that this paper is not a high quality, archival paper that you would want to use in a scrapbook, but if you are a card maker, it adds a luxurious touch easily.  I could obtain a similar look by using a striped stamp and embossing with gold embossing powder but you would not be able to equal the shine without a lot of work and I'm not sure you could ever achieve it without having a Minc machine.

For background panel, this stuff is fantastic, ready to go and the price was great. There were also several colors included in this paper pad; deep blue, orange, teal, and even white are among the papers colors.  At .125 cents a sheet which equals $.04 cents per panel it's a fast and easy element to add to a card.  I think the supply I have will last a very long time.  If you think about it, there are approximately 320 panels in that one pad of paper, so I have months and months of card making pleasure in that one pack.  I like that these papers are perfect to add an elegant touch to any project you might be working on.


Once again, the card is very clean and simple to make. I cut my favorite Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangle for the background layer of my card.  I seem to never tire of this die and I always love the crisp edges of a die cut.  My Cricut just can't equal the crispness. Since I was creating a birthday card I wanted a bright festive color and this Kelly Green was just the ticket. Throw in one glitter paper balloon that is super sparkly and you have a quick and easy birthday card. The Wish Big Die came from Paper Trey Ink and I put a vellum panel behind it so that it wouldn't be competing with the background panel when you read the sentiment on the front. This particular vellum is a 40# Bazzill Vellum.  I'm still working on the Secret Sister project and I need to have it done by the end of the week, so quick and easy is just the ticket.

I adhered the background panel using Tombo Mono Adhesive tape runner and everything else using Ranger Multi Medium Matte.  I like the placement of this element on an angle rather than being straight and it was the best way to accomodate the balloon.  I tied some gold wire around the tail of the balloon and taped that down on the back of the background panel with a bit of Washi Tape.

I have one more card to make for this set of cards, so look forward to seeing some orange.  That's a color I rarely use, but Halloween definitely calls for it. And if there's a way to add a bit of bling to the project?  Well that's just grand then! Thanks for stopping by today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for making my day by leaving an encouraging comment! It means the world to me when you do. Hugs!