Monday, January 25, 2016

Little Critters

Over on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Blog, this week's challenge is "Create with Critters". Of course that makes me wish I had a stamp set for my baby girls but so far I have never seen one for Yorkies.  In fact, I don't really have cute critter stamp sets and I'm hoping this butterfly meets the criteria for "critters".  I was a scrapbooker who went Digital a few years ago but now I am totally into making cards.

That's me with my "puppy girls" in the photo.  Yorkies have soooo much personality.  I've had dogs my whole life but hadn't had any for about 15 years when I decided I wanted a Yorkie two years ago. The 2nd one came six months later so the older one would have a playmate.  The reality is that the first one is very jealous and won't play with her sister.  They aren't litter mates but they have the same father so they really are sisters.  Talk about sibling rivalry..... Oh boy!

This image takes my largest acrylic block (4 x 6) because it's so large. It's a cling mount stamp but it has never actually clung and I have to use some Tombow Mono Multi Glue to adhere it temporarily to my acrylic block.  I just wash it with mild soap and water after I take it off and that's worked for me so far.  I have a few other cling mount stamps that I have never had any trouble with but this brand gives me fits.

I stamped this image in Versamark and heat set it using WOW! Metallic Gold Sparkle Embossing Powder. I wish I could capture the beautiful shimmer of this card! My intention was to watercolor it, but I didn't care for the way that looked compared to butterflies that I've seen in real life so I ended up coloring it with my Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pens in Purple, Light Violet, Deep Violet and Cobalt Blue which as you can see is Turquoise and not what I would call Cobalt. My mom has several pieces of Depression Era Cobalt Blue glassware that I've given her over the years it is very blue with no green in it at all.


I cut a greeting using the Mama Elephant "Smile" Die from a scrap of Gold Foil Card Stock and adhered it all to a side folding white card base. It was really fast to do except for whatever time I took coloring.  I enjoy that process so to me this was a really fast and simple card.  I decided it needed a few sequins so I added those. At least I remembered to take a picture before I sealed the envelope!  I temporarily forgot that side folding cards don't photograph as well as top folding cards but I managed.  


Thanks for spending a bit of time here today.  I'll be entering this over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog.

1 comment:

  1. You dog is very cute, Vicki! And your card is magnificant! That butterfly is wow! Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Create with Critter challenge!
    Gayatri xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for making my day by leaving an encouraging comment! It means the world to me when you do. Hugs!