Saturday, February 6, 2016

Inspired by Fashion

For Day 2 of the Papertrey Ink Anniversary Celebration and in honor of the release of some Dress Up Paper Dolls by Betsy Veldman on February 15th, we are to take our inspiration for today's challenge from our closet or some online fashion.  In my current quest to start using my Kraft Cardstock, I selected this image as my inspiration photo.  It doesn't hurt that I also love Pink & Gold as well.

Starting with a Kraft card base in A2 size, I gathered some additional pink and white card stock. I was thinking along the lines of a doily for the background so I cut one from Papertrey Ink's Stamper's Select White Cardstock.  The doily die I have came from Stampin' Up.  Using the Papertrey Ink Mehndi Medallions Stamp Set, I stamped the largest image from that set on Stamper's Select White Cardstock and heat embossed it using Ranger Gold Tinsel Embossing Powder. Using a smaller image from that set I stamped 5 of them in a line across a piece of pink cardstock measuring 2.25 x 5.5 inches so that I could have a pink & gold band behind the gold and white embossed medallion.  I trimmed a bit off the top and bottom making the strip 1.75 x 5.5 wide.

Using the largest Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangle I cut a panel from the Stamper's Select White then repositioned that in the same die to cut a narrow strip that had the stitching on it.  I have tried to think of a better way to describe that, but so far, I haven't thought of it.  I wanted the stitching all the way around but there isn't a die for that, so I improvised.  The finished size of the white strip is .75 x 5.25 inches. Since I wanted to stamp my "Hello" greeting using the same Ranger Gold Tinsel Embossing Powder, I didn't want the strip of white to have anything distracting on it.  This also helps draw the eye to the greeting making it the focal point. I used the "Hello" sentiment from Papertrey Ink's Graceful Greetings and stamped that on a scrap of pink card stock then die cut it with the coordinating dies.  These dies cut so nicely, leaving just a narrow border all the way around while the white of the decorative strip makes the pink and gold sentiment pop.


I finished up with a few hearts cut from a scrap of glitter card stock adhered with Ranger Multi Medium Matte.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I'll be back soon with another project but in the meantime, you can check out Nichole Heady's Blog here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for making my day by leaving an encouraging comment! It means the world to me when you do. Hugs!