Sunday, March 20, 2016

Use Some Lucky Stars

I'm popping on here with a really quick card today for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge for this week which is "Use Some Lucky Stars".  I started this card by cutting a 4.25 x 5.5 inch panel of watercolor paper and water colored it using my Gansai Tambi Watercolors in #58 - Evergreen, #55 - Green, & #90 - Gold.  I wet the entire surface of the paper with water. Then I "dabbed" paint on it first in the evergreen and then in the green.  I spritzed the whole thing lightly with water after applying the color and just let the water and color move however it wanted. I had taped it to my small cutting board, so I could set it aside to dry and do some other things for a little while.

Once all of the green was dry I dabbed more paint on in a random pattern with the gold paint.  This time, I didn't add any water, but just let the paint settle where it wanted to. When dry, this gives you a fantastic marbled looking background which is great for a Clean & Simple (CAS) Card.  Since I also wanted to play over at the CAS Mix Up, it was important to me to keep it to a single layer.

Next I stamped my greeting and the moon and star from the WPLUS9 Lucky Stars Stamp Set using Versamark and heat embossed it with Ranger Gold Tinsel Embossing Powder.  I love the sparkle this adds to any card. I cut several stars from the Simon Says Stamp Large Holiday Hearts and Stars Die from scraps of gold foil card stock.  Using a Versamarker, I added a few dots with WOW! Platinum Sparkle Embossing Powder to give the appearance of some larger stars. For my final touch on the background panel I misted it with a light mist of glycerin water and then took a pinch of Iridescent Sparkle Embossing Powder and sprinkled it on the card front & heat set it.  It gives a beautiful sheer sparkle imitating a starry night sky.  Unfortunately I was not able to capture than in the photograph.  Still, it makes for a very pretty card.


I die cut the panel with the largest Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangle then adhered it to a Bermuda Bay top folding card base.  Single layer cards are by far the easiest to mail and don't require extra postage or hand cancelling.  My best friend loves green so this is going out in tomorrow's mail for her!

Thanks so much for stopping by.  I really appreciate it when you take time to comment.  Have a great rest of the weekend.

6 comments:

  1. Love these colors, Vicki! That gold shimmer is so elegant and perfect with the stars! Love that shooting star! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remarkable card. I love the color combination, gold adds shine a whole.
    hugs,
    BozenA

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning!! Gorgeous design and colours Vicki. Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is wonderful!! Such beautiful colors--and sooooo sparkly!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is AMAZING! That background is stunning with the way that the colors blend together. The metallic touches give it a Celestial feel and I really like how you added the sentiment, which is subtle, yet filled with light! This whole thing made me think of a magical sky somewhere and I loved the fantastical look you created! Thank you for sharing this remarkable card with us here at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is wonderful! Thanks for sharing such a great card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for making my day by leaving an encouraging comment! It means the world to me when you do. Hugs!