Saturday, May 14, 2016

Case This Sketch #172

I am popping in today with a really quick (I hope) post for the CAS(E) This Sketch #172 Challenge designed by Leigh Penner.  I am not going to link the supplies I used in my blog post today but there is a link to the Papertrey Store on the sidebar of my page.

Since I have been working so much the last week with the Don't Forget to Write Kit from Papertrey Ink, that is immediately what my mind went to when I saw this sketch and then I saw a card made by Marybeth Lopez which just kind of solidified my design in my mind.  I want to go back and do the Kraft, Red & White like Marybeth did, so you'll probably see that very soon!  There are just so many possibilities with the stamps and dies in this kit although I used a die from the Color Pop Butterflies for my sentiment.  Here is Marybeth's Card:

I love how crisp her colors look and I'll be off to try a few more color combinations shortly.

Everything on my card is the same things I've been using for the past week, so nothing new there.   You can go to my home page and scroll down through the posts of the past week.

Today's card uses Stamper's Select White, Lovely Lady and Vintage Jadeite Cardstock, all from Papertrey Ink. The inks are also a variety from Papertrey Ink in Hibiscus Burst, Raspberry Fizz, Sweet Blush, Berry Sorbet, New Leaf, Mint Julep and Lovely Lady.  The bouquet definitely takes some practice to get it lined up, but this one was not bad enough for the trash can.


You have a never ending array of colors to use with the stamps and dies for nearly unlimited color combinations. I also have stitched square dies and one of them is the perfect size to go behind this window if you choose to cut it out or there is the one that came with this kit.  I have been using it both ways.

The tiny little banner also came from the Color Pop Butterflies Kit.  I'm thinking I need to stamp some extra butterflies from that kit to go with the Don't Forget to Write Kit.

So there you have it; A short quick post.  Thanks so much for checking out my card and I treasure each and every comment that you make.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, this is so pretty! Great take on the sketch! I'm regretting not getting this set...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great take on the sketch and a gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for making my day by leaving an encouraging comment! It means the world to me when you do. Hugs!