Monday, May 23, 2016

Sunday Stamps Challenge


I am popping on here today with a super short and quick blog post.

I came across a new challenge this weekend called the Sunday Stamps Challenge.  I loved the colors in their inspiration photo so I decided to play along which was somewhat of a challenge for me because I wouldn't normally use these colors.  It was good to know I could and I love how the colors just pop on the black panel.

For this card I used the Altenew Henna Elements Stamp Set with the Henna Elements Coordinating Dies using the simplest form of Copic Coloring there is. I didn't do any shading or highlights at all.   The challenge is to use at least three of the five colors and you can add in a neutral if you like. For my neutral I chose the metallic gold of the sentiment and embossing.

I stamped the images in Versamark and heat embossed them using Simon Says Stamp Antique Gold Embossing Powder then die cut each one of them with the coordinating dies.  I wanted the bright vivid colors to pop so I did plain old ordinary coloring; there's nothing fancy here.  I chose to use black cardstock for my background panel.  I tried a few other colors like mint, turquoise, and olive but in the end it was the black that made it pop.  That's probably not a very predictable color choice for me, but I love how striking it is.  I'm pretty sure I'm going to send this one to my best friend in Texas.

The sentiment is from the Papertrey Ink "Scripted" Dies.  There is also a coordinating stamp set, but I didn't use it here.

We have a stormy and rainy day today and even the dogs don't want to get out of bed. I hope you are all having a great day.  Thank you so much for stopping by.

1 comment:

  1. Love how the flowers stand out against that black background!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for making my day by leaving an encouraging comment! It means the world to me when you do. Hugs!