Monday, June 6, 2016

Inspired By All The Little Things #18

Hello everyone!  I have a really fun card to share today.  I love this photo that was shared as our inspirational image on Inspired By All The Little Things for the #18 Challenge.  While I did struggle a little to find something that I felt worked for this, I liked it so much that I made three cards in the same design, one with a different color.

I also really love it when I can use multiple items from different manufacturers and pull them together on one card as is the case with this card.

I started by die cutting a few of the tulips from Stamper's Select White Cardstock for my previous project.  If I am going to the trouble of doing one set, I always make an extra few sets while I am at it and then I have some ready to go for another project.  I used my MISTI Tool for stamping all of them; three layers for the blooms and two for the stems.  For this particular set I used Papertrey Ink Perfect Match Inks in Lovely Lady, Hibiscus Burst and Raspberry Fizz.  For the leaves I used Papertrey's Vintage Jadeite with Mowed Lawn Distress Ink.

I love adding a touch (or more) of gold to my projects and I remembered I had this Navy and Gold Foil striped paper and felt it would be the perfect elegant touch to go with the inspiration image which is clearly from a wedding.  I created a top folding A2 notecard from SU! Night of Navy Cardstock.  The outer ring on the greeting is from Papertrey Ink's Stamp-A-Faire - Rennasiance Kit. This is a no longer available item but you can watch for it on the For Sale or Trade Board at the Papertrey Forum which is where I got mine.  I didn't have any idea that Papertrey Ink existed in 2014. I only discovered them in 2015.  I love the detail in this die and when I realized I could pair it with the Smile Circle Die from Simon Says Stamp, I actually squeeled outloud!  Since I wanted to add a bit of dimension to my card, I also cut a circle of the navy cardstock to go behind the Smile Circle.


My card assembly was super easy.  I wanted my flowers to frame the sentiment so I adhered the outer ring die cut from the Rennasiance Kit directly to the striped panel using Ranger Multi Medium Matte.  I adhered the circle smile die to the blue cardstock using the same glue.  To pop up the sentiment a little, I used Thin 3D Foam Squares and centered it over the background ring. After that I arranged my tulips how I wanted them on top of the panel then applied Thin 3D Foam Squares on the back of them and placed them onto my card front.  This is such an elegant looking card and I loved combining my supplies to get these results.

I adhered the background panel to my card base using Scor-Tape (Sookwang Paper Tape) in a ⅛th inch width.  It's available in several widths and it's a very strong adhesive.  Sometimes I grab what is at my fingertips so right now I have the scor-tape on my desk.  It's also nice because you can just tear it and don't have to sit and measure each strip of adhesive out.  It is a very strong dry adhesive.

I also made a second card with this same design using cardstock in Berry Sorbet, Gold Metallic Poster Board and Kraft.  The tulip blooms are stamped in Sweet Blush, Berry Sorbet and Scarlet Jewel Inks. For the butterfly, I like to put a narrow strip of foam adhesive down the body until it thins out and then put a bit of adhesive at the bottom of each wing to make it appear as if it could take flight at any moment.  This butterfly is from Impression Obsession and is my favorite.  I have two or three others but I reach for this one over and over.  In fact, it has a special place on my table and never gets put away. If I'm going to use a butterfly, I want this one called "Fancy Butterfly". It is a two layered image but I often use only the top layer like you see here.  The other part of it is the solid image.

I'm entering this second card over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge for their theme of Summer Garden.  Yes, I do know Tulips are more of a springtime flower, but the are gorgeous and can be enjoyed anytime!

You can see lots more inspiration over at Inspired By All The Little Things. Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I'll be back with a new project very soon!

5 comments:

  1. Both cards are gorgeous! Love how you were inspired by the photo, Vicki! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both so pretty! I love how you were inspired by the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always seem to think of so many ways to use things--"outside the box"!
    I would not have thought of using the pink tulips with the navy and gold striped paper--but I really like the finished look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your tulips, so beautiful! Thanks for joining us this week on SImon Says Monday Challenge Blog! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are so beautiful! being a fan of gold the first card made me say WOW! love the stripes!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for making my day by leaving an encouraging comment! It means the world to me when you do. Hugs!