Saturday, October 15, 2016

The Challenge #82

Hello!  This week is my first as a designer over at the Always Playing With Paper Blog and The Challenge #82.  With Fall settling in here in the southern part of the United States, the temperatures are cooler but the inspiration image made me think of late summer naps at a little beach cottage. Can't you just imagine one of these over-sized Wood Palette chairs covered with those pillows for a great place to take a nap or even to read a book?  I keep telling my husband that when he retires in a few more years that he is going to have to take up some crafty furniture-making kinds of hobbies.  I have a crib at my daughter's house to make into a bench and we have three enormous pergolas over our back patio and it would be awesome to have one of these jumbo chairs out there!

I really love the designs on the pillows with their "seashore" theme but I don't have any stamps or dies resembling that so I used some flourishes for my decor.

Starting with a piece of Spring Rain Cardstock, I dry embossed the front of the card base with a SU! Wood Grain Embossing Folder.  Next I used a 2 inch square from the My Favorite Things Stitched Square Stax Dies to cut out the four squares representing the pillows in Papertrey Ink's Hawaiian Shores & Vintage Jadeite along with Simon Says Stamp's Surf Blue and Bazzill Whirlypop Card Shoppe Cardstock (also from Simon's). I cut 3 of the My Favorite Things Leaf Filled Flourishes from Stamper's Select White to use for the decorative trim on the pillows. This flourish is no longer available but there are some similar ones available here. I glued those pieces onto the squares using Ranger Multi Medium Matte and then snipped off the excess from the back side of the squares.

The "Dream" sentiment is from Little Yellow Bicycle and was cut from Stampers Select White cardstock and inked up with Simon Says Stamp Island Blue Ink. The banner is from the Paper Clippings: Birthday Details Dies and is one I keep out all of the time.


I was really wishing I had gotten the Papertrey Ink What The Doodle: Waves stamp set so I could use it on these pillows, but I didn't so I had to try to convey the same feeling using something I already had.  Thanks so much for stopping by today and leaving a kind or encouraging comment for me. Each one means so much.  I look forward to seeing your interpretations of the inspiration over at The Challenge #82.

2 comments:

  1. This card is stunning and I love that you were inspired by the colours and that swirl! Welcome to the team, Vicki!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the team Vicki! Your card is wonderful and I love all the fabulous elements.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for making my day by leaving an encouraging comment! It means the world to me when you do. Hugs!