Sunday, November 20, 2016

Simon Flickr Challenge & Concord & 9th Challenge

I've been making so many Christmas cards that it's left me longing to watercolor so when I saw that the Simon Says Stamp Flickr Challenge was for coloring, in any method, so I used the new Concord & 9th Stamp Set  called  Hello, Lovely which means I am also entering this into the Concord & 9th Challenge. This is a big, beautiful floral arrangement that you can color in your choice of mediums.  All the arranging is done for you. The first card I made with this stamp I used Spring colors but for the second one, I wanted to do something in more Christmas-y colors.

I started with a panel of Canson Bristol Watercolor Paper.  After treating it with my powder tool, I stamped it in Versamark and heat set it using Simon Says Stamp Antique Gold Embossing Powder--still my favorite gold!


I used a combination of Distress Markers (Festive Berries) and Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers in Persian Blue, Olive, & Deep Green with a water brush. The entire panel was spritzed with shimmer mist once the watercolor had dried. 

I stamped the sentiment from the Sugar Pea Designs Kindness Matters Stamp Set onto the same watercolor paper and used the same embossing powder.  

Next I die cut the sentiment and the watercolored panel using dies from the Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangle Die Set then assembled my card onto a top folding card base made from Bazzill Whirlypop Cardstock using my ATG gun.  This was a super simple card for these challenges.  It took a little bit of time to watercolor, but I really enjoy doing that.  

So that's it for a quick post this morning.  I'm hoping to take the rest of the day off!  Thank you so much for stopping by today!  

7 comments:

  1. Vicki,this is stunning! Love the way you colored the cluster of blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boldy and beautifully colored! What a gorgeous image. Love your take on sparkle and shine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful, Vicki! Love the rich colors and the gold embossing. Thank you for joining us in the Where Creativity Meets C9 challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh WOW, this is stunning, Vicki! I love the bright, vivid colors with the beautiful gold embossing, so beautiful!! Thanks for playing along at Where Creativity Meets C9!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous card! The gold embossing with the deep colors is such a fantastic combo. Thanks so much for joining us for our WCMC9 Sparkle & Shine Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for making my day by leaving an encouraging comment! It means the world to me when you do. Hugs!