Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Puppy Valentines

Initially I was not going to do a blog post for these cards, but Lols over at Simon Says Stamp asked me to do one and enter it into the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge for this week which is featuring Wild Rose Studio Stamps and the theme "Cute".  I used the Wild Rose Studio "Dog with Heart" Stamp for my cards.

I'll be the first person to admit that I am not a Copic Certified Colorist or even that I do it the right way.  But one of the things I am trying to do is use all the tools I have and about 10 years ago I purchased a good supply of Copic Markers so I keep on practicing with them.  For me, that's what its all about; not whether or not I'm doing it the "right" way. Therefore, I am certainly not going to tell you how to do this because I don't really have a clue except to say I used a lot of flicking motions to get the "furry" look.  I used 3 shades of Warm Grey for one Dog and 3 shades of Cool Grey for the other.  I don't have very many browns to choose from in my markers so I could find three colors to work together so that is why I went with the grey tones.  These are stamped in Simon Says Stamp's Intense Black Ink.

I have two little Yorkies that are my babies. They are full grown and are 3 years old but only weigh 6 or 7 pounds. Some people would call them teacup but that is not a legitimate breed for Yorkies and is more of a reference to size.  They are considered a Toy Breed and my girls are "Blue & Tan" in color. Holly is more of a golden blonde and Reese is a platinum blonde. The Blue is a reference to their other color. If they have even a tiny little whisper of white in their coat, they are considered blue rather than black.

Anyhow, when I saw this stamp I thought it would make a cute card. The little face on this dog is so adorable and made me think of our girls. One of these cards was readied for the mail today to go to the lady who was our breeder when we got first one and then another of her puppies. Our rascally little girls have pretty fluffy names too; Reese Mackenna and Holly Noelle. Holly was my Christmas present that year although we didn't actually get to bring her home until January. Reese is very much a Daddy's Girl and Holly is a Momma's girl but we adore them. Holly is the one in the photo and she was bringing me her bear so I could play with her. Who could resist that face?  Not I!


So even though normally I don't do a lot of critters, there are exceptions and this stamp was one of them.  It's also a good price at $7.99.  It's currently out of stock but if you want one just get on the e-mail notification list for when it's back in stock and Simon will send you an e-mail.  Wild Rose Studio is a UK Company and has some of the most adorable critter stamps. There are several different bunnies, bears, elephants and even a little dragon or two.  I stamp those sometimes and send to my grandson to color.  He thinks it's pretty cool to get little coloring pages in the mail from his Mimi. Wild Rose Studio also has some gorgeous printed papers as well and I used several of them during this past Christmas.


These are definitely more along the cute category than my typical style but they will make for cute valentines.  I'm going to dash off here so I can color another to send to my littlest grandson who just turned 5.  When we were on FaceTime the other night, he had me turn the phone around so I could show him "Reese-y" as he calls her.

Thanks for coming by my blog today and I hope you'll come back soon!

4 comments:

  1. Awwwww your puppy is the sweetest! I am a big dog lover, and Yorkies are just so adorable! Your cards are super cute too! Your coloring is really really good, so whether you are doing it the "right" way or not, it looks amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow!!! these are adorable :) as is your puppy!!! love your coloring!! thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww these are adorable and I love your little pup, she is a cutie :-) I am from Yorkshire and love this breed, although they are known for being feisty ;-)

    Thanks for joining in the challenge Vicki XXX :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How fun to know, Lols! They are definitely fiesty!

      Delete

Thank you so much for making my day by leaving an encouraging comment! It means the world to me when you do. Hugs!