Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Papertrey Ink 10th Anniversary - Day 3 Challenge

Welcome to Day 3 of 10th Anniversary Celebrations for Papertrey Ink.  Lexi Daily was today's guest blogger.  Our challenge for this 3rd day of festivities is to create a new card and while we have our supplies out, to make an altered envelope to go with it AND get it in the mail. I've been meaning to start adding something to the envelope the way Jennifer McGuire does so this is a great challenge for me. I wish I had some nice fancy handwriting for my envelope but my handwriting isn't too terrible so I'll keep it how it is.  It's actually gotten a bit better in the last year since I send out cards all the time and get more practice.  It was getting pretty atrocious there for a while so the practice has been good.  Everyone, without exception, loves a handwritten note inside of a card.

If you visit my blog very often, then you know I am on a kick right now of making these gorgeous backgrounds for my cards.  I'm creating them by doing some ink blending on my background panel, then adding the score lines with some shimmer mist and then accenting the intersecting points with Liquid Pearls. This particular card was ink blended with Aqua Mist then shimmer misted with Tattered Angels Iridescent Gold Glimmer Mist.  I added the drops of pearls once it was die cut and set it aside to dry while I stamped the tulips from Papertrey Ink's Tulip Time.

I start by cutting several of the Tulip Time Dies Cuts from Stamper's Select White Cardstock. Then I use the negative of the die cut in my MISTI so that I can pretty much get perfect alignment.  I've stamped enough of the tulips by this point in time to have a good visual for how the stamps should line up. I think I sent about a dozen cards out last weekend featuring this stamp set so I've had a great deal of practice lately.  For this card, I stamped the leaves using Vintage Jadeite and New Leaf inks.  For the blooms, I started with Brilliance Pearlescent Jade Pigment Ink for the base layer of the bloom, then Hawaiian Shores for the second layer and Tropical Teal for the final layer.  Using the MISTI means that I can double (or even triple) stamp a color for a deeper tone of that color.  I always like the look of double stamping for the 2nd layer.  The final layer is such a deep color usually that it only needs the single stamp.


I also wanted to stamp one of the tulips on my envelope so I selected the middle sized single bloom for that and used all the same ink colors.  For the address, I used Limitless Layers - 2½ inch Ovals to cut the "label" from Hawaiian Shores Cardstock and the interior oval is cut from Stamper's Select White. It will take considerable effort on my part to get an address in that space (lol); the older I get the bigger my handwriting gets.  The greeting on the card is part of the Tulip Time Set and I heat embossed it with Antique Gold Embossing Powder. The butterfly is from Impression Obsession and was cut from gold foiled cardstock.  I prefer the foiled cardstock over the mirrored cardstock because it is so much easier to photograph and is more subtle.

Thanks so much for stopping by today to check out my project for the challenge. I hope you'll come again.  I'll be back soon with another project for you.  Happy Tuesday everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful Vicki! I loved the pink and yellow, this color is gorgeous too. Thanks for sharing and always inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card! And thanks for sharing your background technique...it adds so much to your card. I would like to give it a try. The gold butterfly adds a touch of elegance to your aqua tulips...so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty Vicki! The gold butterfly really makes the card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the golden touches! Beautiful card and envelope!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for making my day by leaving an encouraging comment! It means the world to me when you do. Hugs!