Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Papertrey Ink 10th Anniversary Challenge: Favorite Florals

Even though I have made and sent approximately 25 cards recently that had tulips on them, one more is always good.  Papertrey has several floral stamp sets that I love, but Tulip Time would be my absolute favorite so that is what I used to create this card for the challenge.   

I die cut the tulips from Stamper's Select White Cardstock and then stamped them in my MISTI by using the negative as a placeholder.  To get the softer color of the blooms, I stamped them first in Brilliance Pearlescent White Pigment Ink and then stamped Pale Peony over it, Berry Sorbet for the 2nd detail layer and Pure Poppy as my final detail layer.  The white ink softens up all the colors which was ideal for the look I was going for.  The stems are stamped in Vintage Jadeite and New Leaf Inks


My card base was created from Pale Peony Cardstock using the Noted: Scalloped A2 Vertical Die. I did a bit of ink blending on a background panel with Aqua Mist, spritzed it lightly with Iridescent Gold Shimmer Mist the cut it from the coordinating rectangle die from the Noted: Scalloped A2 Vertical Die to fit on my card.  I added the Tulips with Thin 3D Foam Squares.  The banner is from the Paper Clippings Happy Birthday Detail Dies but I use it a lot for other things and it is one die that I pretty much always have out.  I have a couple of little magnet dishes that sit on my table where my die cutting machine is that hold the dies I use often.  

Tulips always make me think of Spring and that Easter is coming.  Papertrey's Tulip Time is the most beautiful set of  tulip stamps out there.  Have a great day and be sure to stop by Papertrey's Challenge to see all the entries!  

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous, Vicki! May I ask who makes the Easter die? It looks perfect with Tulip Time.
    Thank you.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for making my day by leaving an encouraging comment! It means the world to me when you do. Hugs!