Saturday, March 25, 2017

Papertrey Ink March 2017 Blog Hop

Hello!  It's time for the Monthly Blog Hop at Papertrey Ink for March 2017. Nichole always finds really remarkable inspiration for us and this month is no exception. 

These gorgeous prints were created by Victoria Johnson. I love how Victoria used backgrounds other than white for her prints.

I wanted to capture the same feel of the colors in the card I created so I started by making a Noted: Vertical Scalloped A2 Card base from Tropical Teal Cardstock.  I also cut a rectangle and scalloped edge smaller piece using the same Noted: Vertical Die Set out of Deep Indigo and Stamper's Select White Cardstock.

Using Fresh Bouquet Stamps and the coordinating die, I cut several of these in Deep Indigo and Stamper's select white as well.  I wanted to try something new but I wasn't sure how it would work out so I didn't want to have to stop and cut more if things weren't working out too well. I had a ton of what I would call failures. The biggest thing I tried was to do each of the flowers in a different embossing powder and still another color for the leaves.  This did not work out for me at all and I'm not sure how I could make it work.  The biggest thing I noticed was that it was hard not to get the heat on some of the already melted embossing powder and scorching it.  I recently got a Wagner 650 degree heat tool but a lot of the time, I think it is just too hot.  I'm still adjusting to how much hotter it gets than my old one.  In the end, I got out my supply of Twinkling H2O's and used Forest Green, Black Cherry, Sky Blue and Bougainvillia to paint them in over the heat embossed gold outlines on the Deep Indigo Cardstock.  It was fast, easy and makes the same kind of impact I was going for with the heat embossing.


I'm sure there will be lots of fantastic cards and projects over at the Papertrey Blog so enjoy hopping along to see all the projects!

16 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card with all that gold and it looks great on the Tropical Teal card base.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vicki, what a beautiful card this is.
    Fabulous take on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, pretty card with your embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So elegant...love the subdued colors thru painting on dark cardstock! Great idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I love these colours with the gold embossing! I've been doing the same embossing and painting with these flowers--isn't it a fun set?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of course your card would be nothing but stunning! Vicki this is so rich looking! Hope you have a great weekend !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Vicki!! Those rich colors with the gold embossing packs a gorgeous punch!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, Vicki! Love the jewel-toned colors you chose and the gold embossing is just the right touch!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vicki, that Fresh Bouquet looks gorgeous embossed in gold. I think you achieved your goal as your results look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Vicki, your card is beautiful with it's gold edged twinkling water colors! Impact achieved! Gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW...absolutely GORGEOUS Vicki! You do such beautiful work with gold embossing and this card is no exception! Your colors are so rich and vibrant...love everything about this lovely, lovely card!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, my...the gold looks so pretty with these colors!!! Pretty card!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for making my day by leaving an encouraging comment! It means the world to me when you do. Hugs!