Thursday, April 6, 2017

Feather Finery With A Bookmark

I am popping in today with a card for the Challenge over at the Word Art Wednesday Blog.  Their challenges are always Anything Goes so long as it is positive and or uplifting in nature.  They provide a new digital word art each challenge (every 2 weeks) that is from scripture.  I haven't had a chance to play in quite a while but I knew this project would be perfect for their challenge.

Two years ago about this time my daughter got diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis.  I was diagnosed with MS about 6 months before her and we both have Rheumatoid Arthritis as well.  I have a few more auto immune diseases to go along with those two. So far, she only has the two, but she still has littles at home.  Her youngest is 5 and will go to kindergarten this coming fall.  I understand, first hand, how difficult these diseases can be and I try to encourage her every chance I get.  We got matching tattoos last year of a feather on the inside of our wrists so when I got these two stamp sets, I knew I wanted to make something for her.  I did some other cards using the Feather Finery Stamps and coordinating dies here, which she saw and loved. We live in different states so she doesn't get to see my work too often except here on my blog and on my Instagram.

Whenever I see feathers I automatically think of a poem and a bible verse.  The poem starts like this:


You can see the Bible verse on the card and bookmark I made her; Psalm 91:4 which is from the new Year of Psalms by Betsy Veldman for Papertrey Ink. I thought she could tuck these into her bible that she uses for bible studies. Whenever she sees them she will know that I was thinking of her when I made them.  The feathers are heat embossed in gold on Stamper's Select Vellum and die cut.  The purple is some cardstock I've had for a long time and it shimmers. One side of the bookmark has the purple and the other side is True Black Cardstock from Papertrey Ink. The sequins are black iridescent from who knows where.  I have a whole container of them and they give just a little touch of elegance here but allows the card to be, for the most part, flat.

I love this verse from Emily Dickinson so much that I've sent it as a suggestion to one of the Papertrey Product Designers who always does the most incredible typography.  The verse goes so well with Feather Finery and I hope she will consider it.  I might have to break down and order it if that doesn't happen.  I'm not going to link products in this post as you can easily look them up on the Papertrey Website.  Have a great day everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, these are gorgeous...I love how the gold popped in those dark background. I love that you also share our Challenge to your followers that will inspire them to the Truth of God's Word. Thank you for blessing us with your artwork here at Word Art Wednesday. We are midway on our current challenge and I hope you join us again. Leaving you with the inspiration of God's Word found in 1 Corinthians 16:13-14 which tells us, "Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong. Do everything in love." Have an awesome week.

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello i am kavin, its my first occasion to commenting anyplace, when i read this post i thought
    i could also make comment due to this good article.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for making my day by leaving an encouraging comment! It means the world to me when you do. Hugs!