Sunday, April 23, 2017

Papertrey Ink's Make It Monday #281

Today's card is for the Papertrey Ink Make It Monday #281 "Patterns Behind Die Cut Windows". The pattern can be Patterned Paper, Stamped Paper, Stenciled Paper or anything that has a pattern.  One of the participants did a gorgeous card with dry embossed paper in the background and it is beautiful.

I've been working on a very special project for the last few weeks and at long last I found Rose Gold Cardstock at Michaels the other day when I had to go to Tulsa for a doctor's appointment. So for right now I am on a Rose Gold Kick along with Smokey Shadow and Sweet Blush Cardstocks. I actually have used nearly all of the small pack of Sweet Blush Cardstock that I initially purchased. I always start with a 12 pack to see if I like the color and then if I do, I get the 24 pack the next time around. I haven't ever ordered a 50 pack yet but that is due more to space constraints than anything else.  A 24 pack of Sweet Blush is in my order that will be delivered tomorrow.   Anyhow, Sweet Blush has become a favorite now that I've been using it quite a bit.   I've been making Decorative Page Elements for a 12 x 12 Wedding Scrapbook Album for a young lady who is getting married Saturday after next.  Her Colors are Blush, Peony, Coral and Rose Gold.  I've also used quite a bit of True Black, Smokey Shadow and Pale Peony.  I am here to tell you, as a very long time scrapbooker, these are some of the most beautiful and elegant page elements I have ever made.  I'm super pleased with how they have come out and Scrapbooking is how I know Ashley. Her mom and I are very good friends and I've known Ashley since she was in High School.  I'm putting a couple of sneak peeks in here for you.  All the ones with Sweet Blush Cardstock have already been put in baggies so they will stay nice.  These elements all use Rose Gold Foiled Paper and Cardstock.  They are absolutely gorgeous.



I'm already worried about how I will manage when I no longer have Rose Gold Cardstock!  I'm going to have to plan another trip to Tulsa to get some.  Anyway, all this to tell you how I arrived at my color choices today; it's what is on my desk right now.

I started with a card base made from Smokey Shadow Card Stock.  Next I die cut a panel from Sweet Blush Cardstock using a stitched rectangle die.  From that I used the stitched scalloped rectangle from the Noted: A2 Vertical Scallops Die Set to cut the window.  I cut a piece of patterned paper 1/8th inch smaller all the way around than the pink stitched rectangle.  The paper is from the selection of papers that I've been working with on the scrapbook borders and has Rose Gold Foiling on it. It's a small design on a very pale pink background.  I stamped a rose from a Clearly Besotted set and heat embossed it with Rose Gold Embossing Powder from The Ton and watercolored it with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers in Pale Pink and Deep Green then finished it off with a light layer of Wink of Stella for a touch of shimmer then die cut it with the coordinating die. I stamped the sentiment from an Altenew set and heat embossed in in the same Rose Gold Embossing Powder and started assembling my card.

I used tape runner to apply the patterned paper to the card base and then mounted the window panel over that using foam tape.  The rose was also attached with foam tape and then the sentiment was stretched across the window panel. Initially, I put some of the Fancy Foliage die cuts around the frame but it was too distracting and honestly didn't add anything to the card so I took them off. Thankfully, I had not pressed down yet so they came right up!


If you have any questions, be sure to leave them in the comments and thank you so much for stopping by today.  I read each and every comment you leave for me and appreciate it when you take time to leave a sweet note of encouragement.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Vicki! I have been a fan of rose gold for so long, and love that you've discovered how lovely it is with Sweet Blush! Your window card card is gorgeous, and I love the framing around that amazing rose. Always a joy to see your process and the oh so beautiful results!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my...I am totally smitten with your lovely card and gorgeous scrapbook pages! I can totally see why you're in love with rose gold...such a soft and pretty gold! You are so talented Vicki and I just love coming by each week to see what you've created...I ALWAYS leave inspired! Thank you!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the sweetest thing you could say, Marcia. Thank you so much and I love your work too! You always have such lovely colors and a classic sense of style!

      Delete

Thank you so much for making my day by leaving an encouraging comment! It means the world to me when you do. Hugs!