Thursday, August 3, 2017

The Challenge #94


Hello Everyone!  Today's card is for The Challenge #94 over at the Always Playing With Paper Blog.  There are some gorgeous cards over on Lesley's Blog, so be sure to go over there and check them out. We have a guest designer this week as well, Kerin Sylvester.

ETA - Ha ha!  Just Kidding! The joke is on me. I changed my card but didn't get the new one to Lesley in time so there's another one over on her blog!

As you can see, I used the Inspiration Image Colors for my card. I have these fun foiled papers in Pink and Turquoise, so I decided to use them and let them be the "star" this week. These Papers are all from The Paper Studio (Hobby Lobby's brand) and I have them in 8.5 x 11 and a 6x6 Paper Pack. The large Polka Dot is from the 6 x 6 pad.  I created a card base that is 5.5 inches square so that I could use a larger background panel of the large polka dots.  I wanted a totally fun feel, just like the inspiration image and the Polka Dots do that for sure.  For the layers, I die cut those panels using some Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangle Dies.  In fact, both of those pieces had a balloon shape cut from the center of the panel but I knew the large flower would cover it up so I could go ahead and use them.  I always save my paper scraps for just such an occasion and these foiled papers even have their own pouch.  The colors are the same from the larger pad to the smaller, so it works great to store them together.

The flowers are white ones from Prima and were colored with color sprays. The center turquoise flower also has some gold watercolor spatter on it and the jeweled brad is one I've had around for quite a while; maybe as long as 10 years. I was excited to get to use it finally! 

For the card I made first, I used the Nature theme with similar color families.  I hope you enjoy both of my cards! 


There are so many great Design Team cards to inspire you at Lesley's Blog, so go ahead and check them out here.  We hope you'll join us this week! As always, thank you for stopping by to see my project!  Here's a list of The Challenge Designers.  Be sure to check out their blogs for details.  

Lesley Croghan (Challenge Creator)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for making my day by leaving an encouraging comment! It means the world to me when you do. Hugs!