Tuesday, September 26, 2017

The Paper Players & Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge

Today's Card is for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week with a theme of "Pop It Up". I was so excited when my Build-A-Flower - Rose arrived in the mail yesterday.  It actually arrived last Friday but were were out of town and our mail was being held at the post office, so I didn't have it until they did re-delivery of our mail.

Build-A-Flower is a monthly feature from Altenew where they release a Stamp and Die Combination that is only available as a set. This started back in March and "Rose" is the 7th in a series. Altenew is known for their layering sets and this one is just incredible! It was also incredibly easy to to line each layer as well although I am not sure I am stamping the final small layer where I am supposed to. However, I don't think anyone will notice.

To get the hang of the layering and choose my colors, I cut a few blooms and leaves to stamp on using the negative as a place holder in my MISTI.  My final selections were Altenew Inks in the Rose Petal, Cherry Blossom and Green Fields Collections of inks.  Since there are so many layers, it worked very well to use the families of ink that Altenew has. The colors I specifically used are Rose Quartz, Pink Diamond, Puffy Heart, Rubellite, Purple Wine, and Razzzleberry for the bloom and Frayed Leaf, Forest Glades and Evergreen for the leaves.


Once I had everything stamped, I got the rest of my card pieces ready to go.  I die cut a sheet of shimmer card stock from a 4.5 x 6.5 Die Cuts With A View Shimmer Mat Stack that I picked up in Dallas.  It has 9 colors with 8 sheets of each in what I would consider to be more "fall" colors. I first die cut it with the largest Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangle Die and then dry embossed it with a "Tiffany" Cuttlebug Folder. I'm trying to remember to use my embossing folders more often for the added texture. The striped paper came from a DCWV Mat Stack called Dear Jane. 

I also cut a background frame of Gold Metallic to go under the Avocado panel so that just a little bit of the edge would show on my card. I actually started making this card for The Paper Players Challenge and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge but in the end, I couldn't compromise my design just to fit in with a sketch.  I try to do that a lot of times, but I'm not very happy with my end result when I do that, so I stuck with my design, but I'm still going to post it at The Paper Players Challenge. I used Scotch Foam Tape to adhere all of my leaves and the rose to my card.  I die cut the word "Shine" from the same metallic gold cardstock but I used a Crystal for the dot on the "i" to give it a fun little twist.  

Thank you so much for stopping by today.  I'm planning to give the sketch over at The Paper Players another try today.  Most of the supplies I used are available at Simon Says Stamp and Altenew.  The "Shine" word is part of the Sparkle & Shine Words Die from Papertrey Ink.  Until next time..... 

6 comments:

  1. Love the shimmer paper...beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the shine word and romantic paris too

    ReplyDelete
  3. The embossing folder you've used on that lovely paper makes an elegant background for your rose. Lovely stamping - those multi layer Altenew stamps can be a touch intimidating! Thanks so much for joining us at The Paper Players this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Vicki! I just stamped this set today and was surprised at how easy it was to line up, although I still need some practice with it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This Build a Rose is my favourite so far from this series. And I agree that using their inks makes it so easy to stamp all those layers to achieve depth and realism. You did fabulous job stamping them btw.. Gorgeous card, Vicky.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that embossed layer - it is the perfect backdrop to your stunning rose. Beautiful card. So glad you shared it with us at the paper Players this week
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for making my day by leaving an encouraging comment! It means the world to me when you do. Hugs!