Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Day Five of the We Love Dawn Blog Hop

I am doing a very quick post for today's card and the Blog Hop in support of Dawn McVey.  These are all things I have used recently and I did do any new techniques.  I had several elements leftover from Day 1 of this hop (Spruce & Sprigs) and I wanted to try to come up with an arrangement that would use them. I also wanted to combine Pinefeather Cardstock with Hawaiian Shores because I've seen that combination on another site and thought it was really lovely and somewhat unexpected!

I started by die cutting a stitched rectangle panel from the Pinefeather Bitty Big Plaid and then attached that to a top folding Stamper's Select White Card Base and then cut a smaller stitched rectangle from Hawaiian Shores Cardstock and adhered that on top of the Plaid.  Next I die cut three of the berry wreaths from Pinefeather Cardstock and adhered them, but offset from each other to make the wreath appear fuller.  Then I simply placed my elements into a pleasing arrangement and placed Press N Seal over the top to keep the arrangement in place. When you pick up the Press N Seal, the arrangement stays in place. Simply flip it over and apply liquid adhesive (Ranger Multi Medium Matte) to all the parts that are visible.

When you flip it back, you can move the piece of Press N Seal (including the arrangement) around to determine best placement for your greenery. Laurie Willison (Soapbox Creations) came up with this little trick and it's fabulous. Here's a link to one of her posts where she has some videos linked up.  I set a couple of acrylic blocks on top of my arrangement while I let the bottom layers of greens attach.  After a couple of minutes I removed the blocks and the Press N Seal and then added Ranger Multi Medium Matte to any of the pieces that were still loose and tucked them in one at a time to be sure everything was attached and secure.  The banner is one from Wine Bottle Tag II and is stamped with a sentiment from Vintage Ornaments II.


This was a perfect solution to use those extra elements in a card.  I only have one little branch left and I stamped it kind of wonky, so it can go in the garbage can.  This would be a great card for anyone who loves a bright pop of color.

Thank you for stopping by today.  There are just two more days left in the We Love Dawn Blog Hop and I plan to have something for each day.  Be sure to come back and to check out all of the gorgeous cards in the Link-Up over at Papertrey.

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Vicki! I love the shimmery gold detail! Surely Dawn will love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wreath is lovely with the turquoise background! And it works so well with the Pinefeather plaid border.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how pretty the Pinefeather plaid is with the aqua and of course the gold~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for making my day by leaving an encouraging comment! It means the world to me when you do. Hugs!