Monday, January 15, 2018

Altenew January 2018 Inspiration Challenge

Hello!  I wanted to pop in for a few minutes with a card I made for the Altenew January 2018 Inspiration Challenge.  I tried to use some fun colors that are brighter than my usual style kind of card making.  It has been so cold across the nation this last couple of weeks and I wanted to try out this Altenew Totally Tropical Stamp Set with some bright vibrant colors to participate in the Altenew January 2018 Inspiration Challenge

I started by die cutting 3 of each bloom and six of each leaf from Stamper's Select White Cardstock. Then using the negatives as a placeholder with my Mini Misti, I was able to line my stamps up perfectly to stamp each of the flowers. These blooms are four layers but I only used three when stamping mine.  When the Totally Tropical Stamp Set came out a few months back, dies did not come out at the same time but before I ordered the floral I asked if dies would be coming and they said yes. Recently, I won a gift Certificate from Altenew so I got a background stamp I've been wanting and the coordinating dies for this set.  For the coral Bloom, I used Altenew's Coral Berry with Ruby Red, the light Pink bloom was Rubellite with Razzleberry, and the dark pink was PTI's Hibiscus Burst with Raspberry Fizz.

For the leaves I used Altenew Green Parrot with Olive.  Since I don't have any Altenew inks in the Yellow Family, I used PTI's Bright Buttercup for the centers of the Hibiscus blooms.  The Plumeria were stamped in PTI's Lemon Tart with Bright Buttercup and Altenew's Frosty Pink with Coral Berry.


While the ink was drying on the blooms, I went ahead and did the rest of my die cutting for the card.  I cut a panel of Gold Foil Cardstock for the background mat and a piece of Altenew Spicy Yogurt for the front panel.  I adhered the gold foiled panel to a top folding card base made from Stamper's Select White Cardstock and set that aside for a few minutes. I added lots of gold watercolor splatter to the Spicy Yogurt panel and let it dry while I tried to figure out the arrangement of my elements.

I gave the flowers each a quick spritz of Iridescent Gold Shimmer Mist and shaped each of the petals a little using my Teflon Bone Folder and started arranging the flowers and leaves. When I had the arrangement how I liked it, I used a piece of Press N Seal to pick the whole arrangement up and flipped it over so I could start adding adhesive to the back of the pieces. Before I flipped it back, I adhered the Spicy Yogurt Panel to the card base and then I added glue to the back of the floral arrangement. I like to use Ranger Multi Medium Matte for this. Then, still attached to the piece of press N Seal, I flipped it back over and pressed down for a few minutes to allow the glue to grab onto the cardstock panel. After a few minutes, I gently peeled back the Press N Seal a little at a time so that I could add any additional drops of glue where it was needed to keep the arrangement intact.  Once the arrangement was dry, I added little pearls to the centers of the flowers.

I die cut a banner and stamped the sentiment in Versamark then heat set it with Antique Gold Embossing Powder. I popped that up on a bit of foam tape. What a fun, tropical card this turned out to be!  The supplies I've used are linked below for your convenience.  Thanks so much for stopping by today.


Altenew Red Cosmos Ink Collection (Cubes)
Altenew Red Cosmos Ink Collection (Cubes)
Shop at:
ALT
Altenew Spicy Yogurt Cardstock
Altenew Spicy Yogurt Cardstock
Shop at:
ALT
Altenew Totally Tropical Dies
Altenew Totally Tropical Dies
Shop at:
ALT
Altenew Totally Tropical Stamp Set
Altenew Totally Tropical Stamp Set
Shop at:
ALT
Altenew Tropical Forest Cube Set
Altenew Tropical Forest Cube Set
Shop at:
ALT
Altenew Tropical Forest Ovals Ink Pads
Altenew Tropical Forest Ovals Ink Pads
Shop at:
ALT
Cuttlebug Die Cutting Machine
Cuttlebug Die Cutting Machine
Shop at:
SSS
Queen & Co White Pearls
Queen & Co White Pearls
Shop at:
SSS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for making my day by leaving an encouraging comment! It means the world to me when you do. Hugs!